At Croydon Community School we recognise that our students come to our school with a wide range of educational and personal backgrounds. We believe that the students learn best when they are in a safe environment that provides time, space and support.
We also believe that if people have the right to voice their opinions when decisions are made, then they are more likely to be able stick to those decisions.
Our Student Code of Conduct is guided by the following principles.
All members of our school community should:
- encourage self esteem
- promote self-discipline
- work for a safe and secure environment
- accept and respect individual differences
- promote a discrimination free school
- promote an environment that gives all students the opportunity to strive for excellence
To support these principles, staff, students and parents must accept a range of responsibilities. When we meet these responsibilities, the rights of the individual and the community become protected by our actions.
Every student has the responsibility to:
- see that others are safe
- see that the belongings and feelings of others are respected
- protect the equal rights of others
- not interfere with the learning of others
- negotiate positively
- encourage others to participate
- care and protect our environment